Ss Withdrawl Issues for 2016

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone else getting a ton of phone calls about SS payments being way off for next year? Send like there are some issues at play.

Anyone else getting a ton of phone calls about SS payments being way off for next year? Send like there are some issues at play.

My mother just received her annual statement which explains what her benefit is, what's deducted (only the Part B premium for her), and her net amount after deductions.

So off in what way? Some people will be paying more for Part B next year, but shouldn't be too radical of a difference. If someone doesn't have their statement, I would have them register for SSA.gov.

Yes. All but one was from a client subject to IRMAA (and the exception is not getting a Social Security check). Most called week before last so I assume that's when the IRMAA determination letters for next year hit mailboxes. I think the only issue is beneficiary shock at increases higher than the $17 per month standard Part B increase they heard about in the news.

Those already getting a Social Security check who are not subject to IRMAA will see no increase. So if they got one, then there are issues.

Yes, started last week.

Today I started getting calls "I got a corrected letter"

There was obviously a glitch at SSA

I've had about 4 calls today asking why their part D premium is higher than I signed them up for. It seems that the letter is quoting them their 2015 plan for 2016 even if they switched plans.

Thanks SS!

Ya fun stuff... Call SS and see what they say. Response: I never got through or I sat on hold for 2 hours.

These calls are SOP this time of year. The benefit letters are typically off or out of date for any changes made during AEP. We tell them all that they will receive a updated letter later and if they have further concerns call SS.

These calls are SOP this time of year. The benefit letters are typically off or out of date for any changes made during AEP. We tell them all that they will receive a updated letter later and if they have further concerns call SS.

Typically IRMAA people?

I received a call last week from a client. She told me that her part B premium was going from $104 to $210 per month and her part D premium would be $35. I know that she is not subject to IRMAA because her income is not high enough.

I advised her to call Social Security because something did not seem right. I think that they just made a mistake, but I will follow up with her in order to get the details.

Typically IRMAA people?

No, any and everyone that is having any plan premiums deducted from the benefit check. The letters they receive show the plan they had for 2015 and its 2016 verses the plan they elected for 2016.

We have one PPO that went from $25/mo to $0, the letter shows they will deduct $25/month still.

Back