SSI Billing

You had her stop the drafts on her own?

And before being approved?
I didn't have her stop anything. Upline advised having her simply change from bank draft to direct bill if she wanted her drafts to stop. This gave her time to see if the new policy was approved and satisfied her desire to stop the drafts.

I didn't have her stop anything. Upline advised having her simply change from bank draft to direct bill if she wanted her drafts to stop. This gave her time to see if the new policy was approved and satisfied her desire to stop the drafts.
OK, so your upline advised to stop the drafts before knowing if she was approved?

And advised to have her do it herself instead of the agent helping her remove from drafts?

I believe they offered the suggestion as an option to help her achieve what she was wanting to do.

They said I could have helped her or she could have done it herself, whichever she wished.

New client has 3 policies scheduled to draft in August and would rather replace and write one with me.

She is asking if she can stop the August draft if she takes the new policy with me.

Should I reach out to the new carrier sales support and ask them?

How complicated is replacing three policies and ending the SSI drafts on each as we transition into the new policy?

Any advice would be great as this is my first final expense sale with SSI Billing and replacements.
All the insured has to do is call their bank to stop the draft. Fast, simple, and easy. Now her current policy is in the 30 day grace period while she waits for her new policy with you to be approved and in her possession.

All the insured has to do is call their bank to stop the draft. Fast, simple, and easy. Now her current policy is in the 30 day grace period while she waits for her new policy with you to be approved and in her possession.
Most banks charge to stop the draft.

Terrible, clueless advice.

Nor should the draft be stopped at all before approval with the new company.

And the insured should not have to do anything. What the hell do they need an agent for if the agent is just going to tell them to do it themselves?

And the insured should not have to do anything. What the hell do they need an agent for if the agent is just going to tell them to do it themselves?

You don't seem to realize stopping the draft does not mean cancel the policy. Me thinks you are the one that is clueless.

You mean call the company and stop the draft, right? Like JD says, banks charge a fee.
Why can't the agent pay the $25 bank fee for Ms Jones? After all he is replacing to get a new advance on her. Maybe the agent is broke? Calling the bank is more fool proof than calling the carrier.

I don't replace policies so maybe I'm missing something here.

I agree that the agent should give as much service as possible. But what do you do about carriers who won’t talk to an agent even if the client gives permission? I don’t know whether this is true, but I’ve even heard that at least one carrier won’t even talk to the client if they think a competing agent is present.

Back