SSI Billing

I’ve rarely seen an insurance carrier that hasn’t stoped a draft from the client calling if you call within 48 hrs of the draft . I’ve even seen many that if you call the day before thats enough time to pull it off draft
Yeah, most stop with a couple days notice if you call. Some will sooner.

Some claim “72 hours”.

Many of those same companies say “10 working days” by fax.

That’s why I call. If they aren’t open I go ahead and fax but then do a 3 way call the next day.

Columbian Life will not talk to the agent even with the person’s permission. They will just hang up. Same for LifeShield.

SL will not stop by phone.

In those cases you fax the stop draft.

I’ll use TurboFax and send to SL right on the spot.

Most agents just fax all the time. I prefer to call because it gets stopped right away.

Companies seem to “lose” faxes regularly.

If it’s a known offender taking 2 weeks to stop a draft by fax I will just make sure the new policy doesn’t start until after that time.

I did have an interesting discussion with a Western and Southern CSR on Thursday. He said, “I’ll stop the draft right now. But I’m going to mail the surrender form by snail mail. I’m not going to make it easy for you to replace us”.

I told him “don’t worry about it, I have your surrender forms already”

Ha I remember sending those to you. I keep all those those surrender forms in case I need them

Ha I remember sending those to you. I keep all those those surrender forms in case I need them
Yes you did. I keep most all surrender forms on me at all times in the field. W&S was one I didn't have that day. I made copies and will have from now on. That's another thing about working with FEX. If you don't have what you need in any home just ask on the chat and you have it from some agent is less than 5 minutes. I had that form from you while I was on hold with W&S and before they picked up.

Last time I surrendered a W&S, I used the blank (or so I thought) form they had mailed my customer, when it turned out she had a second policy she had forgotten about. I had her sign it, went home to photocopy it and then fill out each one with each policy number. They accepted one, ignored the other. When we called, it turned out they had a bar code on the form that was policy-number-specific.

Back