Standalone Umbrella Coverage

Robsteven

I need $3-$5m of umbrella liability coverage in the US BUT I do not have auto insurance as I reside overseas and am only in the US a couple months a year. I do have US home insurance as I own a home in the US. I am a US citizen.

My current agent, State Farm, only sells umbrella coverage as an add-on to auto insurance. Thus, I'm not eligible.

How might I get umbrella liability coverage in this situation?

What state is your house in?
There are companies that will write just the umbrella, but most of the captive companies (State Farm, Farmers, Allstate, etc) require the underlying coverages as well.

The answer will vary by state though.

Dan

what state are you in, im sure a broker/agent has a carrier. there are plenty of carriers that off umbrella standalone...

call an Independent agent, they can help you. I use Personal Umbrella.com for ones like this

call an Independent agent, they can help you. I use Personal Umbrella.com for ones like this

+1 to personal umbrella.com. I just wrote a good standalone umbrella for someone who needed it. NC doesn't offer the UM/UIM endorsement for most of the carriers I offer, but I got it with PU.com. They are also nicer on the MVR underwriting for people that have a few tickets and accidents.

I thought this was important to bring up, in a relevant thread.

Back