Starting Off in Group Health

benefits365

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi forum,

We have a call center in NE Ohio, and are interested in cultivating some groups we have come in contact with. Mostly, we handle Medicare out of the CC, so my knowledge is minimal as it pertains to group.

What are the steps in constructing a group benefits package for an employer? We would like to shop group rates for these companies and also offer ancillaries like accident, life, CI, et cetera. We have already identified carriers that are most likely to compete for their group dollars, so as for voluntaries: do I just call Humana and others to gather group rates for life, CI, acc? How did those if you that operate in this space start out, and how does the process work for you now?

Thank you all for any insight you share.

Hi forum,

We have a call center in NE Ohio, and are interested in cultivating some groups we have come in contact with. Mostly, we handle Medicare out of the CC, so my knowledge is minimal as it pertains to group.

What are the steps in constructing a group benefits package for an employer? We would like to shop group rates for these companies and also offer ancillaries like accident, life, CI, et cetera. We have already identified carriers that are most likely to compete for their group dollars, so as for voluntaries: do I just call Humana and others to gather group rates for life, CI, acc? How did those if you that operate in this space start out, and how does the process work for you now?

Thank you all for any insight you share.

I'm sure an expert will have much better advice for you, but I use rogers benefit or benefitmall to handle the quoting and administrative aspect.Might be something to look into until you get comfortable.

Back