State Farm Vs Allstate Sales Rep Job

It's my understanding that homeowners in LA is a volatile market. I wouldn't go captive.
Also price isn't everything. Literally EVERY state farm Dec page I've seen, has been criminally underinsured, and if state farm ever calls these agents on their bluff, it's not gonna be SF paying claims but the agent's E&O.
If you are focusing on home in a coastal state, ESPECIALLY FL, LA, or SC, take the training for a year or two then find an IA to work for. Or just find an IA willing to train you.
Don't pull up roots and move for a captive agency job. Especially if you are new to insurance and not sure you'll make it, and if you have referral sources where you are now.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm genuinely curious.

It's my understanding that homeowners in LA is a volatile market. I wouldn't go captive.
Also price isn't everything. Literally EVERY state farm Dec page I've seen, has been criminally underinsured, and if state farm ever calls these agents on their bluff, it's not gonna be SF paying claims but the agent's E&O.
If you are focusing on home in a coastal state, ESPECIALLY FL, LA, or SC, take the training for a year or two then find an IA to work for. Or just find an IA willing to train you.
Don't pull up roots and move for a captive agency job. Especially if you are new to insurance and not sure you'll make it, and if you have referral sources where you are now.

Yep. Pretty typical of captive agents. I have been watching it for years as an indy agent.

They told you that they are less competitive because YOU WILL NOT WRITE FIRE BELOW 1-10!!! 1st thing i always did was researched the negative to see why. That is huge when you are by I-10.

Back