Statute of Limitations in Kansas

Two years for a property damage lawsuit against another party.

Kansas statutes 60-501 et seq.

It's different if you are making a claim on your own insurance.

Please explain what's happening.

The accident was about 6 months ago. The other person took off so yes the claim is against my own company. Thanks

I would think that you would have the same two years for an Uninsured Motorist claim because your policy substitutes for the other driver. I'm not going to guarantee it because auto policies often shorten the SOL when it comes to suing your own company.

Can you scan and upload a copy of your Uninsured Motorist endorsement for me to look at? There's an upload option below the message box.

Meantime, why is it taking 6 months? Are you still under treatment for your injuries? Have you made a demand for money?

You only have a limited amount of time to submit a personal injury claim if you are injured in a car accident in Arkansas.
The statute of limitations is the legal term for this.
You would not be able to recover money for your injuries or damages if you miss this crucial date.
To learn more about your legal options, call Rainwater, Holt & Sexton.

You only have a limited amount of time to submit a personal injury claim if you are injured in a car accident in Arkansas.

Brian, if you are an attorney you need to find another line of work because that is totally wrong.

A statute of limitations is the deadline for filing a lawsuit. If you don't file a lawsuit by the deadline it doesn't matter when you file the claim.

Back