Stolen and Recovered '06 GMC Sierra

Seeno1

My mothers truck was recently stolen a few days ago and recovered yesterday. It was towed to a yard. We filed a report immediately after noticing it missing, and a neighbors camera system filmed the whole thing. She has full coverage on the truck.

Today, we went to check the truck out and the aftermarket wheels and off road tires were stripped, as well as the factory tow mirrors, radio and speakers. Both interior door panels are damaged, as well as ignition/steering column and the passengers side door doesn't close flush. Oddly enough the truck had some random steel wheels and tires installed.

My mother contacted the insurance company, and she answered a littany of questions from how much she bought the truck for, to modifications done to truck, to if anyone had permission to drive the truck...The questions seemed to be read off of a sheet of paper. She was advised that the session was being recorded. The insurance company wants to have the truck towed to a different lot to sit until a appraiser comes out to look at it.

I guess I'm all ears to hearing what advice you guys have. Anything that we should be aware of? The whole conversation my mother had with the insurance guy had an almost accusatory undertone to it, left her feeling defensive and frustrated. Also I'm aware that insurance won't pay for aftermarket items, but would they pay for factory replacement wheels and tires and other items that's damaged/stolen?

Last edited:
Just settled my claim with State Farm same thing 99 Acura GSR Stolen recovered 2 weeks later. Original owner 90k garage kept 8k value. Was assigned claim group-your screwed whatever the computer puts out is finial they have no authority to offer more I was offered 4K. With the help of my insurance agent and hiring a private auto adjuster I got 8k. Was not comfortable accepting the car that was stolen and drove like they stole it. Cost $300 for a public auto adjuster and I got what my car was worth

Hmm that's a good idea. The insurance company gave a very fair offer, so right now it's at a body shop getting repaired

Back