Superior Access Question

hello..

Expert
I know that there are posts about this in the search box but the most recent ones i've seen said that they may be turning things around and that was 6mths to a yr ago.

Is anyone using superior access now?

1- What is your quote to close ratio?

2- How long does it take to bind policies?

3- Any hidden fees or frustrations?

Thanks

1. On clean business one of the carriers (Safeco, Travelers, etc.) should be in the ballpark. They are very picky at Superior even if Travelers or Safeco would write something direct Superior makes their own guidelines and rejects business.

2. When I used them it took 24hours to bind but with preferred carriers you are usually binding with a future effective date anyways. Also making policies effective 7-8 days from the quote date gives them a discount.

3. No hidden fees just the $65 or $110 fees based on your membership. They pay based on the effective date and receiving payment so commission on a 1/1/12 policy would be paid to you on March 1 so a lot longer than being paid direct. Customer service is slow but I would call the carriers directly to get changes done.

Overall it's not a bad place to start I used them for 3 months while I was waiting on my direct appointments. Definitely have Progressive and some other non-standards for the biz Superior won't write. There is no non-compete so once you build a book you can go direct or to another wholesaler.

1. On clean business one of the carriers (Safeco, Travelers, etc.) should be in the ballpark. They are very picky at Superior even if Travelers or Safeco would write something direct Superior makes their own guidelines and rejects business.

2. When I used them it took 24hours to bind but with preferred carriers you are usually binding with a future effective date anyways. Also making policies effective 7-8 days from the quote date gives them a discount.

3. No hidden fees just the $65 or $110 fees based on your membership. They pay based on the effective date and receiving payment so commission on a 1/1/12 policy would be paid to you on March 1 so a lot longer than being paid direct. Customer service is slow but I would call the carriers directly to get changes done.

Overall it's not a bad place to start I used them for 3 months while I was waiting on my direct appointments. Definitely have Progressive and some other non-standards for the biz Superior won't write. There is no non-compete so once you build a book you can go direct or to another wholesaler.

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to know. I have two more questions though:

1- I didn't see what your close ratio was. I'm not looking for any specific like 31.43% lol just a ball park idea.

2- I know prog will appoint anyone, what are some other non-standard carriers I should look at?

By the way, I will not have a brick and mortar building at first, so I can't use any carriers that require it to write direct.

Thanks again!

1- I didn't see what your close ratio was. I'm not looking for any specific like 31.43% lol just a ball park idea.

2- I know prog will appoint anyone, what are some other non-standard carriers I should look at?

Close ratio won't be significantly impacted by using Superior over being direct. Okay, no binding authority might impact some deals, but that will depend on your marketing. Don't get hung up on close ratios based on how you have access to carriers though.

Carriers are by state. For advice, you have to state what state you are working in.

Dan

Close ratio won't be significantly impacted by using Superior over being direct. Okay, no binding authority might impact some deals, but that will depend on your marketing. Don't get hung up on close ratios based on how you have access to carriers though.

Carriers are by state. For advice, you have to state what state you are working in.

Dan

Sorry, I guess that would help. I'm in Phoenix AZ.

I'm also in Phoenix and getting up and running after a few years captive. Shoot me a PM or email if you want to grab a cup of coffee and maybe we act as a sounding board and help each other out. Good luck.

Last edited:
Captive Guy, thank you for your information on Superior Access! Several hours searching through threads finally led to this one and the answers that were needed. Muchas Gracias.

Back