which roof to wall connector are superior for insurance clips or straps

florida2001

Expert
hi, we have to replace roof (living in south florida) and debating which roof to wall connector to choose. Cips, singe strap or double strap. wuld there be any difference in insurance premium if I choose one over the another? in other words if I choose double straps ( the most expensive) does it secure me lower premium for homeowner insurance?

With many Florida carriers, there is no price difference between clips, single or double wraps. If there is a price difference, it would be minimal, as long as it is not rated as "toe nails". And, as you probably know, it all must be reflected on a Wind Mitigation inspection.
With that said, double wraps offer the best protection for your home, then single wraps, then clips.

hi, we have to replace roof (living in south florida) and debating which roof to wall connector to choose. Cips, singe strap or double strap. wuld there be any difference in insurance premium if I choose one over the another? in other words if I choose double straps ( the most expensive) does it secure me lower premium for homeowner insurance? Roof Repair Alexandria Va
Choosing between clips, single strap, or double strap connectors can impact your insurance premiums, especially in South Florida. Typically, more robust systems like double straps may offer better protection against storms, potentially leading to lower insurance costs. It's advisable to consult with your insurance provider for specific details on how each option affects your premiums. They can provide accurate information on potential savings.

Choosing between clips, single strap, or double strap connectors can impact your insurance premiums, especially in South Florida. Typically, more robust systems like double straps may offer better protection against storms, potentially leading to lower insurance costs. It's advisable to consult with your insurance provider for specific details on how each option affects your premiums. They can provide accurate information on potential savings.
Rolf? Is that you?

Back