Sympathy to Sheryl Moore and Family

Prayers sent to the Moore family. I'm from Iowa, doesn't look like much has changed since I was in HS. Basically everyone (African Americans, Mexicans, Asians, poor, smart/"nerdy") were bullied. Unless you were from a white, prominent family, there was a large group who had you marked. I'm sure it's similar all over the country though. I hope the bullies have some nasty karma coming their way.

Sheryl, my prayers are with you. I had a brother take his own life, and as devastating as that was, it can't compare to your heartache.

I hope many people find strength in your interview.

When I was a junior in high school the girl who sat in front of me in home room committed suicide with poison. She had crooked teeth, dressed poorly, wasn't attractive and came from a really poor family. I was never cruel to her like some but I wasn't friendly either. High school can be such a cruel place. I have always regretted that I didn't at least smile at her and say hi! The problem at 15-16 is nobody knows who they are.

My wife, as a teacher, used to tell me about Bullies in the class room and how she was pitiless in dealing with them, and made sure they were put on a watch list.

I thought that was extreme, they were just teens, how bad could it be? Well, now I see it.

Last edited:
Very sad. What name did she use on the Forum?
]

Yes, indexedannuity_girl is correct.

On behalf of Sheryl and her family, and her team here at Wink, we thank everyone so much for reaching out, sharing AJ's story, and we will be sure that Sheryl receives your condolences.

Your kind words are all a blessing!

~Wink, Inc (home of AnnuitySpecs and LifeSpecs)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sheryl, my prayers are with you. I had a brother take his own life, and as devastating as that was, it can't compare to your heartache.

I hope many people find strength in your interview.

Thank you so much for sharing Larry!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Prayers sent to the Moore family. I'm from Iowa, doesn't look like much has changed since I was in HS. Basically everyone (African Americans, Mexicans, Asians, poor, smart/"nerdy") were bullied. Unless you were from a white, prominent family, there was a large group who had you marked. I'm sure it's similar all over the country though. I hope the bullies have some nasty karma coming their way.

As Sheryl says " she will continue to educate people on how “words hurt.” She wants to help others, just as Betts would want her to do. “He spent his entire life trying to make people feel good,”

Thank you so much for your prayers!

Last edited:
Back