System Gamer

G

I probably already know the answer to this but do any of you have clients that apply, keep coverage a month or so, let it lapse, then reapply for a different company, then let that lapse, then reapply again? We have one right now, a real PITA client. I am sure she is going to her annual doc visit, finds out everything is a-okay, then drops the coverage until next year. Just wondering if this is something flagged by underwriters. I am guessing there is nothing they can do about it. I know some companies have a waiting period for non-pay folks to re-apply. I think this is one. She went from C1 to Bx (direct) back to C1.
:mad:

I probably already know the answer to this but do any of you have clients that apply, keep coverage a month or so, let it lapse, then reapply for a different company, then let that lapse, then reapply again? We have one right now, a real PITA client. I am sure she is going to her annual doc visit, finds out everything is a-okay, then drops the coverage until next year. Just wondering if this is something flagged by underwriters. I am guessing there is nothing they can do about it. I know some companies have a waiting period for non-pay folks to re-apply. I think this is one. She went from C1 to Bx (direct) back to C1.

Seems like a lot of hassle to game the system...The next question is if this seems to be a pattern why you decide to keep enabling her, your doing all the work for a 1 month commission assuming the carrier doesn't chargeback...It would be nice if you could charge a broker fee like some P&C agents can.

Some people know how to work the system...

Seems like a lot of hassle to game the system...The next question is if this seems to be a pattern why you decide to keep enabling her, your doing all the work for a 1 month commission assuming the carrier doesn't chargeback...It would be nice if you could charge a broker fee like some P&C agents can.

Yeah, no fees for our service!! As for enabling, we have varying opinions in our office about that one. Usually I lose that argument. As for it being a hassle for her, I think she doesn't care since she saves a few bucks during the year. She'll be sorry if she gets in an accident or something during her "uninsured" time.

Let this lady go....Maybe she can now get her shiatbox exhange plan at Walgreens...healthcare Obama style...Friggen hilarious, Walgreens health insurance. Wal Mart health insurance...come one come all, get your friggen subsidized exchange plan even if you make 80K...Obamas gonna buy it for you. I'm up to my eyeballs with the Amercian stupid population that voted in this disaster. Retards. Amercans are getting what they deserve with this health bill. Scam the system and everybody pays more.

I had some "Patel's" insured off an on over the years. One bought coverage for his wife when they wanted a baby.

No coverage on him, just the wife.

When the child was born they dropped the coverage.

A few years later, same pattern.

Then last year he called me wanting coverage. Seems the doc thought his wife might have ALS and wanted to do some expensive testing. He wanted to buy insurance to cover the tests.

You can guess where that conversation went.

I had some "Patel's" insured off an on over the years. One bought coverage for his wife when they wanted a baby.

No coverage on him, just the wife.

When the child was born they dropped the coverage.

A few years later, same pattern.

Then last year he called me wanting coverage. Seems the doc thought his wife might have ALS and wanted to do some expensive testing. He wanted to buy insurance to cover the tests.

You can guess where that conversation went.

Hope he knows a doc who will work with him on those tests. Watched a neighbor go down with ALS, not good. I guess now they know how their tactics worked out for them in the long run.

Thank God for Medicaid and PCIP. If not for them, folks like this would have to rely on health insurance carriers . . .

Latest posts

Back