Tag, The Assurance Group feed back!

Keyfin

Expert
I am thinking about joining TAG and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback back, positive or negitive to help me make a decision.

55% contract, paying 45-55-% of your comp for leads

“Free” leads come with production requirments

3-+ yr vesting

need a say more?

That's not good!

It really depends on what you're looking for.

I think the real dilemma starts with what type of an insurance career someone is looking to start. If you want/need support/hand holding/accountability/etc, a lot of shops will do some version of 50% commissions, garbage renewals, and some agents can do well with that. A lot of recruiters will talk about very high contracts and for some agents that is a great thing, but a lot of times agents aren't getting educated about the different ways the shops operate and so when they come to the forum it can be a real eye opener.

If you just understand the two different "styles" of agent paths I outlined above then that in and of itself gives you a better framework to have discussions with just about anybody. If you want a quasi-job, the folks that do the lower contracts are trying to make money too, so they can give some structure and invest in lead drops and stuff. Allstate and State Farm are an interesting comparison to, it's not that necessarily one model is better or worse for everyone, it's more about understanding who you're talking to and what is being offered.

I think the biggest problem is with agencies/FMOs/etc that aren't transparent with what to expect so then you move down the road and find out you needed a release or this or that and you just really can't get ahead when contracts are being mucked with over terms you literally didn't understand when you were starting out.

It really depends on what you're looking for.

I think the real dilemma starts with what type of an insurance career someone is looking to start. If you want/need support/hand holding/accountability/etc, a lot of shops will do some version of 50% commissions, garbage renewals, and some agents can do well with that. A lot of recruiters will talk about very high contracts and for some agents that is a great thing, but a lot of times agents aren't getting educated about the different ways the shops operate and so when they come to the forum it can be a real eye opener.

If you just understand the two different "styles" of agent paths I outlined above then that in and of itself gives you a better framework to have discussions with just about anybody. If you want a quasi-job, the folks that do the lower contracts are trying to make money too, so they can give some structure and invest in lead drops and stuff. Allstate and State Farm are an interesting comparison to, it's not that necessarily one model is better or worse for everyone, it's more about understanding who you're talking to and what is being offered.

I think the biggest problem is with agencies/FMOs/etc that aren't transparent with what to expect so then you move down the road and find out you needed a release or this or that and you just really can't get ahead when contracts are being mucked with over terms you literally didn't understand when you were starting out.
Well said! Thanks

Back