Take a Look a My New Site - Honest Feedback Please

I would also suggest posting the 1-800 contact number in an obvious place on the first page. I wouldn't make people dig for a number.

Expanding on the prior guy, link structure I prefer:

/%category%/%postname/

Lets you load keyword density into the URLs.

This type of permalink is fine too - but I would advise against it unless you know what you're doing or have a good SEO to help you out.

One of the reasons is that if you're not smart about how you build your categories, you will run in duplicate content issues which will devalue the authority of your pages.

This type of permalink is fine too - but I would advise against it unless you know what you're doing or have a good SEO to help you out.

One of the reasons is that if you're not smart about how you build your categories, you will run in duplicate content issues which will devalue the authority of your pages.

I'm of the opinion that the duplicate content penalty is a myth to some degree, because of what testing showed when I tried to generate a penalty from google.

Doesn't mean they won't change it next week. Hard to predict what google is going to do.

To expand on this some, what you'd want to do is while using the /%category%/%postname%/ format, you don't want your category and postname to match.

You also don't want 2 posts with the exact same postname inside the same category.

It's not so complicated that a layman couldn't do it.

Also, get familiar with the all-in-one seo plugin, and specify your titles inside the posts anyway, so you don't run into duplicate title issues.

Hey people. It's been a while since I've posted...been busy on a number of projects....hired and fired a web designer than had to learn how to use Drupal and code PHP etc. Anyways, long story short...I finally have the site up and running and would like some honest feedback on what you all think...the good the bad the ugly...thanks in advance...

NMB Consultants LLC

Justin

Obviously you know many of the pictures don't load. It isn't going to convert well as it doesn't really get to the point, and I would change the scenic picture into a loving family.

Thanks everybody for some great feedback. I am working on my site over the next few days as part of getting 2012 squared away. I hope everyone had a great Christmas (if that's what you celebrate) and will have a safe and happy new year.

Justin

PS Hopefully we'll all kick some in a major way in 2012 and beyond and help our clients figure out this maze called "insurance".

On this page :Individual Health Insurance | NMB Consultants LLC , imbed your norvax quote engine using an iframe and remove the other quote form on that page as it would be redundant.

Also, looking at your meta keywords it looks like your targeting OH and MI life and health ins. Treat each page as it's own mini website, when building content and backlinks.

An idea is to have it set up as :

domain.com/healthinsurance/ohio
domain.com/healthinsurance/michigan

domain.com/lifeinsurance/term/ohio

etc etc

There are too many questions asked on the Health Insurance request. Do you receive good feedback from that page? I believe that the simplest request forms that will make it easy on the potential lead and they won't feel outraged by you calling them. If you plug away over the phone it speeds up the process too.

If you look at mine - www.thirdlakefinancialcorporation.com - you can see the simplicity.

Overall, the tabs are utilized well and every topic is covered on the page that brings importance to a health insurance policyholder. The glossary holds a nice touch as well.

-Bob

Thanks everybody for some great feedback. I am working on my site over the next few days as part of getting 2012 squared away. I hope everyone had a great Christmas (if that's what you celebrate) and will have a safe and happy new year.

Justin

PS Hopefully we'll all kick some in a major way in 2012 and beyond and help our clients figure out this maze called "insurance".

easy enough for me to manauver around. Nice site

Nice site. Well Done. As others suggested, I would add a phone number in a prominent location. I would also make the link to the quote request more visible or give it it's own button. But all-in-all, nice.

Re: Take a Look a My New "NEW" Site - Honest Feedback Please

First off thanks to all of you who took the time to look at the site.

I have streamlined and redesigned the thing with the help of some friends and want to bump this thread to see what you all think.

It's a lot cleaner and a lot more focused on what I do...and much more suitable/friendly to onsite SEO - so please honest feedback...it is much appreciated...oh yeah...I'm workingn with Clu from Radius to fix the lead gen capture page and will be replacing the iframes in the insurance products section with that asap...Thanks in advance...

Check it out here: NMB Consultants LLC |

The old one was here: old.nmbconsultants.com

Justin Angelson

Back