Talk to me about Supp commissions in NC

Med Supp premiums and compared to Maine they are insanely cheap

This is why . . .

• Maine is one of eight states where Medigap premiums cannot vary based on age, and that provision also includes people under age 65 (some of the states that ban age-based Medigap premiums only apply that requirement to plans sold to people who are at least 65 years old). Medigap premiums in Maine only vary based on tobacco use.
  • Maine residents who have Medigap coverage and terminate it to switch to Medicare Advantage also have a three-year trial period, although it’s a little more restrictive. As long as they switch back to Original Medicare within three years and apply for a Medigap plan within 90 days of the Medicare Advantage plan ending, they have a guaranteed issue right to buy a Medigap plan with benefits that are equal to or less than their original Medigap plan’s benefits

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicare in Maine | healthinsurance.org

North Carolina allows Medigap insurers to pick their own rating approach, so nearly all of the plans for sale in the state use attained-age rating, which means that an enrollee’s premiums will increase as they get older, regardless of how old they were when they first enrolled

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicare in North Carolina | healthinsurance.org

Yeah, we typically get a $9 - $10 rate hike if not more per year. The only thing I have seen stable is United American's HDG at $47.

I am not sure I love attained age but theirs is so much cheaper than ours anyways that it shouldn't be a big deal.

I love the 3-year trial right because more and more T-65 are going MAPD and I explain that before age 68 we should re-evaluate whether it is still the right option based on health changes.

I feel like it is only a matter of time before Anthem starts asking the dreaded health questions and that is going to be an issue for my non-GI who want to switch back from MAPD.

Hi Guys,

My boss's parents and the majority of her family are moving to NC. We are trying to decide if it would be beneficial to get me a non-resident license. I was looking at their Med Supp premiums and compared to Maine they are insanely cheap so it makes me wonder what the commissions look like.
-
In Maine
Anthem Plan F Premium $237.12 and we get paid $18.75

How does it compare?

It doesn't compare well at all. In NC, like most states, you should be getting 20-22% on fully underwritten Med Supp. NC does have a separate line of authority for Medicare, so you'll have to get that as well.

Latest posts

Back