Tech in the New Era

ConwayNick

With the addition of the exchanges in 2014, one great advantage companies will have, if they decide to use the exchange, will be to enroll their groups on a simple online portal.

I would like to set up a online portal/website to control the enrollment of members. Like the exchange/ehealthinsurance, I would like if they would choose to be able to see the pricing of several different plans.

Does anyone have an IT company they have worked with or gone through to set up a portal?

I am in the process of building one now and what you are proposing is certainly doable, but costly. But what are you asking for, prices delivered or enrollment controlled? Prices/proposals will be issued through the exchange or outside of the exchange. I doubt very much if any of the carriers will allow a broker to have access to direct feeds, so that will require you to accept the PDF and transfer the data to another vehicle for deliver. Or you cuold build your own pricing models and create them without the carrier...doubt this is worth it for you. Very time consuming and costly.

To do the enrollment, that is easier, but can be very costly.

So, getting back to my originial question on this, what are you trying to do? If you are trying to "control the group, or the client", this is a very expensive way.

Back