Telemarketer Training and Pay

rgleyzer

Expert
Hi, i'm looking to bring on some telemarketers. But with most, it may just be a trial period, possibly 30 days to determine if it suits them and if they would suit me. Do i still need to bring them on as W2s? It will be a hassle to have them listed on as a W2 for just a few weeks potentially.... Are there other ways around this? I've heard of some employers not pay during training or the first few weeks and after 30 days the person gets a bonus. What do people recommend who have been in my shoes?

Hi, i'm looking to bring on some telemarketers. But with most, it may just be a trial period, possibly 30 days to determine if it suits them and if they would suit me. Do i still need to bring them on as W2s? It will be a hassle to have them listed on as a W2 for just a few weeks potentially.... Are there other ways around this? I've heard of some employers not pay during training or the first few weeks and after 30 days the person gets a bonus. What do people recommend who have been in my shoes?

Pay per piece and 1099 - but, there are rules to follow.

Would you work for free for 30 days? :err:

@goillini52 you dope, the question is about classifying them as 1099s possibly and not have W2 status in the first few weeks.
Dope? LOL...These were your words: :yes:

" I've heard of some employers not pay during training or the first few weeks and after 30 days the person gets a bonus. "

Sooo, if you don't like then during the 30 days, you "can" them and they made nothing. If you keep them after the 30 days, they get a "bonus".

A 1099 wasn't mentioned until myinsurebiz brought it up. :skeptical:

Check out Emerald Enterprise Corp they are pretty reputable. They have on hand agents that are awesome. If I was were in those shoes, I would make an upfront offer to the owner and then let them handle the training because that's something they specialize in. Not a big company to where its going to cost a lot to get them going, but you have to be reasonable, it is a company. Let me know I can reach out for you and get the information to you.

Back