Tell Me About Your Best Current FIA...

it depends on the current age of the client, when/how they want their income stream, and state.......

Good point, I posted this in a hurry. Client is 43, male, in Texas. He inherited 50k and it's grown to about 68k. It's a 7 1/2% contract right now and it's sitting there as a retirement asset. He doesn't need distributions until around retirement age 60-ish, I'd say.

Am I missing anything?

Good point, I posted this in a hurry. Client is 43, male, in Texas. He inherited 50k and it's grown to about 68k. It's a 7 1/2% contract right now and it's sitting there as a retirement asset. He doesn't need distributions until around retirement age 60-ish, I'd say.

Am I missing anything?

Is money in an annuity right now? Is the "7 1/2% contract" an income rider? If so, is the $68K the cash value after any applicable surrender charges or the current income/benefit base?

Also, do you need the highest bonus AND best GWB? Or would you just like the best guaranteed payment for the client?

Last edited:
Thanks all.

The 7.5% is the income rider.

The protected base is 68,000 and surrender value is 62,000.

Any suggestions?

What would be the income payment at age 60 from his current annuity?

If we were just talking about $62K of qualified money then the Aviva Income Preferred Bonus product with Income Edge Plus rider would give him roughly $8906 per year starting at age 60. This is assuming we are sticking with an A rated carrier.

Product has a 6% bonus and 6.7% compound roll-up.

If the payment amount from his current income rider would provide more income then I can't see any reason to move it.

Back