Tell Your Senators to Exclude Independent Agents from the Recording Requirements

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Operation Shout!

The “Medicare Program: Contract Year 2023 Policy and Technical Changes to the Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs” rule includes a provision on new requirements for “marketing” calls. The intention of this rule is to stop fraudulent or misleading actors – such as certain call centers – from manipulating Medicare beneficiaries. However, the rule’s overly broad scope also applies these new regulations to licensed agents and brokers. As a result, this rule needlessly impacts agents who are acting responsibly.

On December 1st 2022, Senators Mike Rounds (R-SD) and James Risch (R-ID) introduced S. 5149, a bill that would exclude independent agents and brokers from the recording requirements in the Medicare Marketing Rule.

Contact your Senators today and urge them to support S. 5149!

1. Contact your Senators. Send an Operation Shout today urging lawmakers to exclude independent agents and brokers from the Medicare Marketing Rule recording requirements.
  2. Tell your clients to take action. Your clients can also send a direct message about why their Senators should support these efforts. Tell them to take action here!
[EXTERNAL LINK] - National Association of Health Underwriters

I had already sent a similar letter to both of my bought and paid for by the insurance lobby Tennessee Senators. Their response was that 27 million Medicare Beneficiaries could not be wrong and are " happy with their richer benefits and co-ordinated care". BS!

NAHU's latest money grab...

They remind me of the NRA. Never let a crisis go by without trying to sell membership, while doing practically nothing of substance.

Maybe that's unfair.

I just don't think they have true sway. Govt will do what they want to do.

Maybe that's unfair.

I just don't think they have true sway. Govt will do what they want to do.

They're a lobbying arm.

When I was with SSA, we had a lobbying are too. Annually we'd go to DC and meet with members of Congress and even Testify in session.

Lobbying is important. It doesn't mean you'll get what you want, but no one knows the issue if it's never spoken directly.

Back