Ten Worst Insurance Companies

Allstate at one time, long ago was a good company. That is too bad. I didn't even know Conseco still existed?!?!?!?

The list was developed by the American Association for Justice, which is the new name for the Association of Trial Lawyers. It is a nice advertising piece that they have put together.

Keep in mind this list is the 'as judged by the trial lawyers association' list.
Nothing wrong with that, but its not necessarily the 'as viewed by the average consumer' list.

Now, some of these probably are the worse on both lists.

For the most part with P&C insurance you are better off with a lesser known company than one of the big well known names. I recently had a $20K claim through Pekin Insurance and they were supperlative.

Do you run into premium increases more with the small companies than the larger ones when hit by a CAT loss? Smaller P&C companies (mutuals and the like) just scare me with how they are sitting finanically. If the area that 80% of their business in, which is likely because most only write in a state or two, is hit by a bad loss, they are going to take some massive premium increases in following years.

I agree wholeheartedly about UHC and their AARP branding. Is there ever an occasion when it's the best deal for a client? I carry it for clients that are sold by the brand name, but I really hope AARP can get free of this.

Back