Term Life Insurance Charitable Gift Rider?

JCC1967

I am purchasing term life insurance and my agent said a charitable gift rider will be added a no additional cost and asked me who I want to donate to. They said a certain percentage will go to charity above what my beneficiary will get at not cost. They said it is not cost to me, but I am not familiary with this rider and do not see why I should add it even though there are not extra cost to me and my beneficiary will get all insurance. Is this ok to add or should I tell them to take it off. They also asked if I wanted disability rider which would of been extra, I declined.

I've never heard of such a thing??

Also, as pfg1 stated, the name of the company would really help.

Lastly, since your agent is pushing the disability rider, it sounds like he/she may be a captive agent.. You're much better off working with an independent broker who has all of the competitive carriers available, rather than just one.

I've never heard of such a thing??

Also, as pfg1 stated, the name of the company would really help.

Lastly, since your agent is pushing the disability rider, it sounds like he/she may be a captive agent.. You're much better off working with an independent broker who has all of the competitive carriers available, rather than just one.

Ummmm that disability rider might end up being the best thing for him.

Im pretty sure the company is AXA.

Back