Texas CE's for New Agents

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
I just received an email stating that I have until the 30th of March to take CE Courses for the state of TX, if I sell Medicare Advantage, PDP's or Annuities.

I am only selling Med Supps and LTC in Texas.

Can someone shed some light on this, and how concerned I should be, if I am going to sell PDP's in the future in TX?

Thanks.

I just received an email stating that I have until the 30th of March to take CE Courses for the state of TX, if I sell Medicare Advantage, PDP's or Annuities.

I am only selling Med Supps and LTC in Texas.

Can someone shed some light on this, and how concerned I should be, if I am going to sell PDP's in the future in TX?

Thanks.

If you plan on selling PDP's in the future you will need the 8 hour medicare certification.

Medicare-Related Product Certification
8/4 hrs - Effective for licenses issued or renewed on or after 4/1/2010, all licensees who sell Medicare Advantage plans and/or Medicare Part D plans must complete 8 hrs of professional training prior to selling Medicare-related products. An additional 4 hrs of Medicare-related product CE is required every license renewal period thereafter.

For all Insurance Texas insurance Agents and Adjusters, here is a good C.E. Ethics course that will give you 3 hours of continuing education.
The course is powered by Thinkific, a renowned e-learning platform.
Click here: The Insurance Quotient

Back