Texas Client - 64 W/HBP

Does he have current coverage?, if yes leave him alone UNLESS he is going to cancel anyway.

2 meds for hbp, 1 for hc and rateable build isn't going to be cheap if at all possible.

Does he take generic or brand?

Last edited:
he is not covered now.

He is on Norvasc, Diovan and Crestor

I am thinking about STM until he applies for social security and medicare in 6 months (he is 64 in 2 days). I do not know anything about underwriting for STM. Is it the same as for someone who is, say 40 or 50?

Bump

"Here are his specifics;
His dob is 11/19/1946
He is 6' 1" and 270 lbs
Non smoker
He wants health insurance not life. Wish it was the other way around"

texas high risk health pool

he is not covered now.

I am thinking about STM until he applies for social security and medicare in 6 months (he is 64 in 2 days). I do not know anything about underwriting for STM. Is it the same as for someone who is, say 40 or 50?

Well, if he can afford or is willing to pay for the high risk pool that is his best option.

It's more than likely that he will not be willing to pay the kind of the rates they ask for at the risk pool, so STM is a good option for him.

STM does not cover pre-ex at all.

It's a yes or no app, you must answer no to the health questions to be approved.

YouGotMyMoney,
I understand about the pre-ex not being covered. Thanks for that information, though.
I told him about the risk pool and it is too rich for him.
Anyone write much STM in TX?
Humama, BCBS and who else offers it? Is there any difference in underwriting?
thanks

YouGotMyMoney,
I understand about the pre-ex not being covered. Thanks for that information, though.
I told him about the risk pool and it is too rich for him.
Anyone write much STM in TX?
Humama, BCBS and who else offers it? Is there any difference in underwriting?
thanks

It's basically all the same, the only differences you want to watch out for are:

1. Make sure it's an annual deductible not per illness or accident.

2. Read the application to make sure they won't reject if he'd been declined in the past for a condition he is currently being treated for.

3. Some carriers like UHC won't issue if he's been treated for hbp in the last 5 yrs.

Back