The New Sep Starting in October

djanema1

Expert
ok, so i have a question about the SEP starting October 1st.

if a person is comming off of a company that is dropping PFFS coverage, what is the process for the SEP starting oct 1st and the guidelines... does the agent still need a scope of appointment form filled out?? can the agent hold a meeting on SEP enrollments...

HELP:1laugh:

ok, so i have a question about the SEP starting October 1st.

if a person is comming off of a company that is dropping PFFS coverage, what is the process for the SEP starting oct 1st and the guidelines... does the agent still need a scope of appointment form filled out?? can the agent hold a meeting on SEP enrollments...

HELP:1laugh:

It's the same as any other SEP. You will need the SOA if you are meeting with them to put them into another MA plan.

I'm no longer doing MA plans, but, if I were, I would not use this SEP. As much problem as the companies have with enrollments during AEP and OEP, I just can't imagine how they will get this right.

Enrolling into MA is enough labor intensive for the agent as it stands now. Why would you want to have to spend hours getting problems corrected and having irate clients over it?

Technically, an enrollee of an PFFS plan that is being discontinued on Dec. 31, 2009 can disenroll form that plan starting Oct. 1, 2009 for disenrollment effective as soon as Nov. 1. You could put them into another 2009 plan with an effective date of Nov. 1, 2009. Of course, that plan would change also on Jan. 1, 2010.

They will alos have a GI period for a med sup. You don't need the SOA for that. Still, couting on the plan they are in and CMS to get the person properly disenolled by the end of Oct. will be a small miracle. If the person is not properly disenrolled they will not be able to use their med sup until the problem is corrected. Of course it would get corrected in time, but, you would have angry, unhappy clients during that time.

I would definately not start any new programs until January 1, 2010. They can keep what they have until the end of the year. Sign them up in October before another agent gets to them first.

I would definately not start any new programs until January 1, 2010. They can keep what they have until the end of the year. Sign them up in October before another agent gets to them first.

what specific major change do u anticipate jan 1st, 2010?

what specific major change do u anticipate jan 1st, 2010?

This would give Medicare and the companies enough time to get things switched over properly. You could also assume benefits on the new plans to not be as rich as 2009. You also avoid new MOOP until next year.

An excellent suggestion. If an agent tries to rush a senior to start a new policy too quickly it can make that senior uncomfortable. Change is upsetting to most of them. Many times they feel like they are being pressured into making a decision. That's not a good thing when working the senior market.

If the agent will concentrate on selling himself/herself and build trust with their prospect it will be very difficult for another agent to come in later and roll that policy. Most agents get in too big a hurry to start getting their commission. Be a turtle, not a rabbit.

Back