The Next Generation, YIO

Thanks, That is a good change. Any issues on migrating your data from old to new versions. Looks a lot nicer.

Thanks for the reply.

Must wish list was short. The main item was that each policy on the old version created a new record.

Version 5 fixes this by creating one record per client and a new record for each policy. This means I can search by name and view all the policies. In the past, I had to search for each name a couple of times if I wanted to see all the policies.

The navigation is a bit easier as well although I did not have a problem in the past.

Rick

Importing data from v4.0 into v5.0 is as simple as clicking the option "Data Functions" in the Main Menu. Among the options that appear is the button says "Upgrade from v4 to v5". Clicking that button will import v4.0 data to v5.0.

For agents who have been using YIO v4.0 and upgrade to v5.0 the upgrade price is $49.95 per computer. For those who have recently purchased YIO, since July 1, 2009, the upgrade is free. I felt that was only fair.

Al,

Thanks for asking.

YIO is currently being totally rewritten. My programmers are having to start from scratch as though YIO didn't even exist. It apparently is a pretty big undertaking and it probably won't be completed in its entirety until sometime late spring or early summer.

There will be three options and three stages of release. The first release will be to have it on a computer as it is now only with a lot more features and functions like importing data, drip marketing, attaching docs to each client and prospect, etc. That part could be ready as early as Feb or March.

The second option will be to have it internet based and the third will be with it setup to run on a PDA. Oh, it is not being rewritten in Access. Although there have not been any problems having it in Access the rewrite will make it easier to offer more options.

You know I'm not a "computer guy" so my explanation may not be in correct "computer terms" but hopefully I'm getting the gist of it correct.

Thanks Frank,

One more question. Has anyone loaded 5 on a windows 7 machine? Any issues?

Thanks

I'm only aware of three agents who have tried it and they said it worked okay. I'm still waiting to hear from others.

If anyone has Windows 7 I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks Frank,

One more question. Has anyone loaded 5 on a windows 7 machine? Any issues?

Thanks

I now have 37 agents who have told me they are using Windows 7 and there have been no problems. I recently got the results back from a company I hired to do testing on Windows 7 and they didn't find any problems either.

It appears that "v5.0 is good to go". :)

Back