The Walk and Talk

kaplanINS

What type of companies do you walk in and talks with for group health? I've done retail locations with little success, more interest with businesses in traditional offices.

Retail is mostly corporate stores. When doing walk and talk go into local businesses like: Automotive Garages, Construction companies (not so good right now), I usually do a look up on Ref USA of a company I want to go see and then do an area search that will let me talk to more people in one area. Saves on gas and time.

Really any company that will talk to you.

Most of the time if you get someone to talke to you it will be on a small group. Every now and then you might luck out and find a nice 30+ life group that had a recent controller change.

Most of the time if you get someone to talke to you it will be on a small group. Every now and then you might luck out and find a nice 30+ life group that had a recent controller change.

That's been my experience as well. In general, I like industrial parks and blue collar industries.

What type of companies do you walk in and talks with for group health? I've done retail locations with little success, more interest with businesses in traditional offices.

I aim for groups between 10-50 employees. There are recession proof businesses that are always trying to recruit and retain employees, they vary by area but for me I always hit:
  • City Halls
  • County Courts
  • Schools
  • Dentists
  • Doctors
  • Nursing Homes
  • Banks
The main employees at retail locations are part time employees who don't have health insurance. You want higher paid employees.

Back