Thinking of Making a Move to California

Thinking of making a move to Calfornia in 4 months, would still be doing insurance and real estate in Arizona. Wondering how the prospecting is in Southern California these days ? Any networking or leads ops would be appericated. I would prefer to remain independent and build my company rather then another company, the reason I say this as someone mentioned Prudential as helpful way to network with a "trusted" name behind me. I don't think I would like to go that route.

Thinking of making a move to Calfornia in 4 months, would still be doing insurance and real estate in Arizona. Wondering how the prospecting is in Southern California these days ? Any networking or leads ops would be appericated. I would prefer to remain independent and build my company rather then another company, the reason I say this as someone mentioned Prudential as helpful way to network with a "trusted" name behind me. I don't think I would like to go that route.

Just curious, what's prompting you to contemplate a move to Ca. to sell insurance? Of course, you're pretty close to the state anyway, so I guess it's not that big of a deal.

Bill3173

Change of pace from Arizona, I use to live in San Diego and enjoyed the weather there and said I'd move back, untill I started going to Orange County and just liked that area more. I really dislike the 120 degrees Arizona has to offer in the summer. I would do insurance and real estate there also.

Bill3173

Change of pace from Arizona, I use to live in San Diego and enjoyed the weather there and said I'd move back, untill I started going to Orange County and just liked that area more. I really dislike the 120 degrees Arizona has to offer in the summer. I would do insurance and real estate there also.

I've heard the Arizona story before, and it always ends the same way. I have a cousin that moved there from the North, and was very excited a couple of years ago. I did my best to conceal my opinion of the move, which I thought would last about 3 - 6 months.

6 months later, I heard he was moving back up North, way North. The heat got him. Brother in law, same thing, he lasted a year.

What I can't figure out is what drives people to an alien climate like that? Is it the Women?

As I've posted previously, California's DOI will no longer issue new insurance licenses. We're full up. Apparently they need about 20% of current agents to either retire or die and then they'll open things up again.

I do have a close friend in the department. Athough she's not one of the decision makers, she does have access to the computer. For a small fee, she'll put you up towards the top of the waiting list.

You can paypal your "offering" to me ($1,500 minimum) and I'll take care of my friend. It's either that or perhaps a 7-10 year wait.

This is the truth and you can trust me. I'm an insurance agent.

Rick

As I've posted previously, California's DOI will no longer issue new insurance licenses. We're full up. Apparently they need about 20% of current agents to either retire or die and then they'll open things up again.

I do have a close friend in the department. Athough she's not one of the decision makers, she does have access to the computer. For a small fee, she'll put you up towards the top of the waiting list.

You can paypal your "offering" to me ($1,500 minimum) and I'll take care of my friend. It's either that or perhaps a 7-10 year wait.

This is the truth and you can trust me. I'm an insurance agent.

Rick

You can have my offer now Greensky: Nothing, not even the fee for the insurance license, which I would like for you to put up for me out of your own personal account.

Interesing posts as I was already preparing to see what I needed to do, I called the DOI for Claifornia about 3 weeks ago and they said they would issue me a lic at that time? Have things changed now?

If I go I will constinue to do business in Arizona

Back