Thrid Party Cert Managment Wants to Be

URDRWHO

Guru
100+ Post Club
I recently received a requests to send certs to a third party administrator of certs. I prepared the cert and accompanying package of endorsements as I always do.

I received an e-mail back saying that the WC doesn't meet statutory requirements. Hm? The contract requirement is 100/500/100. My client carries 1 million across the board and it was stated on the COI. I resend the COI saying they meet the WC requirements.

Then the third party goes on to say that my client doesn't have the general aggregate Limit per Project. I re-send the endorsement showing that they have the per project on a blanket basis.

They e-mail back and accepted the above.

Now they want their name and address as cert holder? Why is there something
rolling around in my early morning cobweb mind that is firing off a problem alarm? So if the contract requires 30 day notice of cancel etc. (added by endorsement) in case of cancellation shouldn't the cert holder name be the prime contractor? I mean the contractor can at anytime change third party cert admin people and if the need arises to send notice to the contractor the cert holder address wouldn't be the third party admin people.

Since Certificate Holder is the party to whom the COI is issued, shouldn't the Cert Holder read the contractor who requests the certificate so that the my client can get on the job site?

I just thought of something and that is the ex-dates on the certs. A third party could start a lucrative lead business by gathering ex-dates and selling them. I've added a line - "Expiration dates are private information and shall not be sold or used by anyone other than the certificate holder.".

I need to think about this one?

Last edited:
I recently received a requests to send certs to a third party administrator of certs. I prepared the cert and accompanying package of endorsements as I always do.

I received an e-mail back saying that the WC doesn't meet statutory requirements. Hm? The contract requirement is 100/500/100. My client carries 1 million across the board and it was stated on the COI. I resend the COI saying they meet the WC requirements.

Then the third party goes on to say that my client doesn't have the general aggregate Limit per Project. I re-send the endorsement showing that they have the per project on a blanket basis.

They e-mail back and accepted the above.

Now they want their name and address as cert holder? Why is there something
rolling around in my early morning cobweb mind that is firing off a problem alarm? So if the contract requires 30 day notice of cancel etc. (added by endorsement) in case of cancellation shouldn't the cert holder name be the prime contractor? I mean the contractor can at anytime change third party cert admin people and if the need arises to send notice to the contractor the cert holder address wouldn't be the third party admin people.

Since Certificate Holder is the party to whom the COI is issued, shouldn't the Cert Holder read the contractor who requests the certificate so that the my client can get on the job site?

I just thought of something and that is the ex-dates on the certs. A third party could start a lucrative lead business by gathering ex-dates and selling them. I've added a line - "Expiration dates are private information and shall not be sold or used by anyone other than the certificate holder.".

I need to think about this one?

Hi there,
I know this was a long time ago, but you never said what happened??

Back