To be successful in selling life insurance

Dec 5, 2018

1. Newby

Newby Guru

State:
    Indiana
    That is absolutely incorrect info. It may or may not be for you. But introverts do great in one on one sales. I am proof of that. And I’ve seen many other examples.

Newby, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    1st chapter of a good sales book...

3. MedicareMillionair

MedicareMillionair Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Being an introvert isn’t the reason you’re getting out of the business. Hard work overcomes all obstacles. Also, the typical agent is scared when they start this business. Their enthusiasm gets them moving and intense study of their craft gets them to the next level. This just wasn’t something you believed in.

4. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    At times I really like you. Not that it matters.

5. InsuranceGuy29

InsuranceGuy29 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm an introvert, as well, but I do fine. They key is just needing to learn how to "turn it on" for a little while. I also fully utilize passive online sales, texting, e-mail, etc. Which are an introvert's dream. When I have to go in front of people, I just psyche myself out, and know that I only have to turn it on for a while. You have to just make it fun. Joke around with people. People aren't as bad as the media and world makes them out to be.

6. somarco

somarco That Medicare Expert Guy

State:
    Georgia
    Did you sell Aqua Velva products or were you a pimp?

I don't understand why this is so hard to learn. Scripts, sales pitches, power phrases, etc is a crutch. It may work at the start to get you going but it won't sustain you long run.

When you learn to ask questions, LISTEN and respond, you will be much more successful. Too often the scripted sales pitch has a thought balloon where the salesman is thinking "will you shut up so I can move on to my next sentence".

somarco, Dec 24, 2018
  7. MedicareMillionair

MedicareMillionair Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    This is my philosophy as well. You can learn to sell one time by understanding how to ask questions and listen or you can relearn every time you need a new pitch for a new product.

8. Rearden

Rearden Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    Introvert here. Grew up gaming online for hours on end. Clearly remember fearing calling Pizza Hut to place a to-go order.

Ben Feldman had a lisp. Mehdi had zero contacts and couldn't speak English.

Upon closer inspection, most obstacles are actually opportunities in disguise.

Rearden, Dec 24, 2018
  9. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    When I learned to talk less and listen more, my closing % doubled and my kickbacks almost completely disappeared. :yes:

10. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Even questions can take on the form of a script.... Most of the greats had a script they used..