To Buy Leads or Do Marketing? That is the Question...

How would you prefer to generate your next lead?

• I buy leads and I like it that way!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Traditional direct mail marketing.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Through online marketing campaigns.

• I want to do both 1 & 2.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I want to do both 2 & 3.

• I want to do 1, 2, & 3.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
As a new independent agent every dollar counts. I have gone through all my family and friends and now need to find a way to get leads. It's very difficult!!! Any suggestions on the best lead sources?!!!

I was going to give you my two cents worth, but Thomas's nickle below is much better . . .

Go get the company below and start dialing for dollars -or- find someone that will provide you lower commissions with a steady flow of leads if you produce . . .

https://www.listshack.com/

Yeah, the best leads are the ones you generate yourself.

Learn to knock on doors or pick up the phone and call people, and work on your online lead generation strategies during the hours you can't talk to prospects.

Mix in a little networking with centers of influence, and take the time to build those relationships.

Yes and no.

There are plenty of people willing to help you. However, you have to find them and sort through those that genuinely want to help and those that just want to use you.

Typically, it will be someone you aren't in competition with, or who has made it and wants someone to mentor.

The hard part is finding them and applying what they are willing to share. If you can find someone local who has made it and is looking for a protegee to mentor, you're golden! But those are extremely hard to find.

And what they want in return is cheap, but hard to come by. They want appreciation and respect. They also want to see their knowledge applied.

Of course, this is just my own experience.

VolAgent,
Thank you for this post. i agree with you. I am new to the insurance business, but I'm not new to sales or business in general. Gratitude, Respect and Humility and the ability to take instruction and listen can really earn respect from those helping as well. Also, reaching out to the ones that have helped and doing something nice for them in return. I am new to insurance and I certainly hope to find a trusted mentor that would be willing to give me some much needed much appreciated guidance. i want to sell Med Supp, longterm care, etc. :yes:

Back