tobacco question on health plans....

I was just wondering. I do not have a client trying to lie about it. I thought that someone told me that the companies sometimes do a saliva swab or something. MAybe that is with life insurance.

SAI, with life insurance the insurer usually requires a HO Specimen (euphemism for urine sample). That's where they catch the tobacco users. Sometime ago when I was writing life, I heard stories of some people using someone else's urine. In one case it turned out to be his dog's urine. Of course, these alleged incidents may be just apocryphal.:skeptical::skeptical::skeptical:

Sometime ago when I was writing life, I heard stories of some people using someone else's urine. In one case it turned out to be his dog's urine.

Gotta be a joke in there somewhere...concerning dog years & life expectancy tables, etc. Somarco...a little help please....

I thought that for fraud there was no time limit.

If I remember correctly, if you get someone else to take your exam, the 2-year period does not apply. In other situations the 2 year period does apply. One of the reasons that the incontestability clause was created is because the insurance companies used to abuse the suicide clause on life insurance.

The powers that be determined to err on the side of the consumer and I think that that is good for the country. Many of the black people who were lynched a few generations ago had their widows defrauded by the suicide clause. I’m sure that this happened to other people in many other situations as well.

Back