Todays Options PFFS for 2013?

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
Is that available for 2013? I ran into a guy this week that has Todays Options PFFS stand alone MA plan.

It's a terrible plan and quite costly. A Humana agent told me it was going away for 2013. This guy doesn't qualify for any extra help so no SEP. I didn't meet him until after Dec. 7 so he's stuck with that thing unless the Humana guy was right.

The guy says he has received no letters nor a new card for 2013.

Is that available for 2013? I ran into a guy this week that has Todays Options PFFS stand alone MA plan.

It's a terrible plan and quite costly. A Humana agent told me it was going away for 2013. This guy doesn't qualify for any extra help so no SEP. I didn't meet him until after Dec. 7 so he's stuck with that thing unless the Humana guy was right.

The guy says he has received no letters nor a new card for 2013.

I believe he would get 63 days from the term date of Dec 31 for Med Supp GI and SEP for MA.

I believe he would get 63 days from the term date of Dec 31 for Med Supp GI and SEP for MA.

I know. He doesn't need a GI for a med sup anyway. He is 79 and just doesn't want to pay the med sup premium.

I know the rules about having an SEP for another MA plan if his is leaving. What I want to know if if it's leaving. I don't do MA plans anymore. I would refer him to someone to get a better plan than the TO. He missed the AEP simply because he didn't know any better.

I'm still contracted for TO just to get my renewals. They won't give me any info since I'm on a renewal only deal with them. They did send me a letter saying that CMS wasn't going to let them have a renewal only contract with agents for 2013 so this is my last month to get renewals from them. They had gotten down to almost nothing anyway.

if you remember the SEP rules, you should also remember the AEP rules, if the plan is NOT leaving he can not leave/change the plan until Oct of next year unless he is receiving LIS help from SS or if he moves out of the service area. Hope this answers your question.

That's not a question I asked so, no it does not answer it. I already said he "missed the AEP" and that he is "stuck" with this plan unless it is not renewing.

The question was: is it renewing for 2013? No one seems to know so when I deliver his life ins policy we will just get on the phone together to TO and or Medicare.

fixified for O'accuracy.

Actually, it totaled 60 states. He said he had visited 57 states with one left to go and he wasn't able to visit Alaska and Hawaii. I guess some could interpret that as 57 plus 1. I interpret it as 57 plus 1 plus Alaska and Hawaii. For your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back