Tonik

NHB_MMA said:
Bob_The_Insurance_Guy said:
If they think no single 19 to 29 yr old female is not going to get pregnant, they are mistaken.

A major pitfall of many individual medical products out on the market, for what it's worth. I never knew how much maternity expenses could be until I saw the bills and would never sell a limited plan like that to a young female.

A major pitfall of many individual medical products out on the market, for what it's worth. I never knew how much maternity expenses could be until I saw the bills and would never sell a limited plan like that to a young female.[/quote]

You have alternative plan to switch if the member become a pregnant.

I am not sure if you know but in TX and Colorado and many other state all plans does not offer the maternity coverage. Tonik in California will let you have free transfer to PPO Share 5000 plan. If you take a look there is less and less plans which over the maternity coverage in California.

Aetna : None

Health Net : HMO and 1 PPO plan.

Blue Shield coming out with more plans with out Maternity ,too

Kaiser - offer more plans with out Maternity

Nationwide - offer more plans with out Maternity

PacifiCare - only few PPO with Maternity and even HMO with optional.

There are some better options around here in PA. The Highmark BCBS plans all have it included, I believe, although Highmark is EXPENSIVE. The Health America HMO plans have it included, I'm pretty certain.

Group health is the best way to go for young females, but it's not always an option.

NHB_MMA said:
There are some better options around here in PA. The Highmark BCBS plans all have it included, I believe, although Highmark is EXPENSIVE. The Health America HMO plans have it included, I'm pretty certain.

Group health is the best way to go for young females, but it's not always an option.

I do not think the Tonik is in PA state and might never be there.

I thought we were talking about Tonik Health plans.

Yeah, my comment was just a remark about maternity benefits in general, not Tonik in particularly. Many of the individual medical products have separate maternity benefits that are often limited or high separate deductible. It can be a touchy situation particulary with a single female. You want to make sure you ask her if she would like to add it, but not insist on it, as she might not take it well. Yet, if she would become pregnant without it, the sh*t hits the fan somewhere.

Latest posts

Back