TOP 10 F/E CARRIERS OF 2019 SO FAR

Who else does e-app with no POS, and instant decision? Not trying to be argumentative. I’d really like to know. For my own reasons, LBL is my go to company. Phone app with instant decision. But the phone app process is pretty cumbersome. I find very little use for AmAm myself, so I haven’t used their e-app. But I can see where that would eat up a lot less time!
I use Prosperity, RNA, Americo and AIG.
All are instant decisions and have E-apps except RNA which has an instant PHI.

Are you hinting the RNA may be more susceptible to replacement than some of the others? If so, due to pricing for certain ages, or due to it being fraternal?

RNA certainly has its spots, but people who use them as a go-to are asking to be replaced. For younger people and smokers, they are often $10+ more than the SNL tier, and they cut your commissions for older folks, which is a ripoff. I'm not really that experienced, but I've already learned the value of getting to the client's money before they can.

The member benefits will help keep it on the books with some people, but only if they see the value in them.

Last edited:
RNA certainly has its spots, but people who use them as a go-to are asking to be replaced. For younger people and smokers, they are often $10+ more than the SNL tier, and they cut your commissions for older folks, which is a ripoff. I'm not really that experienced, but I've already learned the value of getting to the client's money before they can.

The member benefits will help keep it on the books with some people, but only if they see the value in them.

Those are all good theories that get passed along at the agent level, but is there any data supporting that RNA's book has deeper retention issues by comparison?
Of course, we're getting off track from the original question of who approves the largest spectrum at level coverage, but this is also a good topic.

Those are all good theories that get passed along at the agent level, but is there any data supporting that RNA's book has deeper retention issues by comparison?
Of course, we're getting off track from the original question of who approves the largest spectrum at level coverage, but this is also a good topic.
I don’t think that RNA is the best option for a go to carrier because of their rates but they do have some significant UW niches. And, I don’t see a lot of value in their member benefits.

I'm not aware of any data aside from the client's tendency to lapse without SS billing and the tendency of agents to attempt replacement at any chance they get. I'm sure it's not hurting their business because they are so friendly to new agents and there are always so many of them. And I'm sure the member benefits help somewhat.

For level coverage volume, I would think it would be Transamerica all day. I thought they were the largest carrier to start and they're definitely one of the most liberal on level underwriting if you include the standard rate also.

I don’t think that RNA is the best option for a go to carrier because of their rates but they do have some significant UW niches. And, I don’t see a lot of value in their member benefits.

RNA's greatest value may be their leave behinds. Talk about leaving the client with something to read over...... :yes: (sarcasm off)

You're quoting the wrong guy, I never said anything about 'go-to'. :wubclub:

Back