Total Loss - Settlement Money is Not Enough to Buy Similar Car

This Iraq vet came home and did a back up into a 4 way intersection to do a U-turn (who does that?) He backed over onto my hood with his huge truck and totalled the car.
The insurance company gave me a rental and a price that was considerably lower. I looked all around craigs, KB etc. for comps and submitted it to their loss department. I still wanted more because there was more than just the price, there was extra fees, titling, taxes etc to get the new car.
I was able to move the price up a little but not much. I had to get the money to buy another car so I could work so I had to settle..

Laguna,
I work for State Farm so please understand somethings can differ between companies. If you called our office with your questions id advise you that we will refund you for you ACV of your tires AND registration. Every now and then we alert the claims department that the insured just put new tires on and/or paid registration recently. Secondly, insurance companies use Nada guides not KBB. For your rental car... I apologize I did not take the time to advise if you are at fault or not. BUT if there is the smallest chance you should have tried to complete your claim through the other drivers insurance policy. If the company accepted fault off the back you would not have to pay any deductible to get your car fixed or a check for totaled car. Also, that company would have to pay for your rental car.

Let me know if I missed anything...

Back