Tough Policy Placement

sjac

Expert
Have a 70 yr. old looking for life ins with extensive cardiac history and doesn't like graded benefit policies.
Any recommendations for Pennsylvania

Have a 70 yr. old looking for life ins with extensive cardiac history and doesn't like graded benefit policies.
Any recommendations for Pennsylvania

When was his last cardiac event and what was it? ie stroke, heart attack, TIA, stent placement. More info on time frame as well as currently prescribed meds, and we may be able to find him something. Another pertinent thing is when he began his heart issues.

I know he has a pacemaker/defibrillator and had bypass surgery a little over 2 yrs. ago with standard cardiac meds and has not been hospitalized since surgery.
first diagnosis was 2 yrs. ago when they found blockage and did procedure also has Afib

I know he has a pacemaker/defibrillator and had bypass surgery a little over 2 yrs. ago with standard cardiac meds and has not been hospitalized since surgery.
first diagnosis was 2 yrs. ago when they found blockage and did procedure also has Afib
From what I saw in Equitable's UW guide. I think they will take him
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heart surgery
• Angioplasty, stent placement, bypass, or
valve replacement in past 12 months............................................................................Graded
valve replacement 12 - 24 months ago.......................................................................Standard
valve replacement > 24 months ago...........................................................................Preferred

Last edited:

Take a look at Monumental. I think with if Pacemaker was over 2 years ago he will be level benefit.

Security National will take him(not sure about Pennsylvania)
and it looks like 5Star only has a 2 yr look back for that type stuff as well. Both will be immediate if it has been over 2 years and in the case of SNL if he isn't taking blood thinners or nitro.

Back