Traditional Annuity Vs WL W/ LTC Rider Vs Immediate, Medically-UW Annuity

Thanks for all the responses. I'll talk deeper with the 2-15s in the office and see where they may be going wrong with presenting LTCi. The common complaint is the (a) fear of rate rises and (b) the classic "But what if I don't need it?!". The latter was always a little odd to me coming from P&C where every auto, home, and umbrella policy I write operates exactly like that and you never hear that question come up.

On that note, what are the top list of carriers you all prefer to write business with for LTCi? and do you have any resources you could link me to or upload here to understand it better?

Thanks again

----------

Also, while the list is missing traditional LTCi, is the layout generally accurate still for those hybrid products? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for all the responses. I'll talk deeper with the 2-15s in the office and see where they may be going wrong with presenting LTCi. The common complaint is the (a) fear of rate rises and (b) the classic "But what if I don't need it?!". The latter was always a little odd to me coming from P&C where every auto, home, and umbrella policy I write operates exactly like that and you never hear that question come up.

On that note, what are the top list of carriers you all prefer to write business with for LTCi? and do you have any resources you could link me to or upload here to understand it better?

Thanks again

----------

Also, while the list is missing traditional LTCi, is the layout generally accurate still for those hybrid products? Or am I missing something?

Is it better to pay $500 per month of premium to make sure you never have a rate increase? Or is it better to pay $170 per month with the possibility of a rate increase?

----------

You can keep your life simple and start with Mutual of Omaha for traditional LTC; State Life, Lincoln Financial for hybrid linked benefit LTC.

My layout looks like this:

Wants LTCi.

You can keep your life simple and start with Mutual of Omaha for traditional LTC; State Life, Lincoln Financial for hybrid linked benefit LTC.

My layout looks like this:

Wants LTCi.

I had an inquiry about this topic today. Age 68, prospect taking BP/Statin meds, both well controlled. Still working, may retire 2018. Ht/wt fine.
Asking me about traditional LTC policy vs. annuity with rider. I believe this person is debt free, with moderate retirement savings. No longer married, with 3 children, over 10 grandchildren.
Your thoughts?

I had an inquiry about this topic today. Age 68, prospect taking BP/Statin meds, both well controlled. Still working, may retire 2018. Ht/wt fine.
Asking me about traditional LTC policy vs. annuity with rider. I believe this person is debt free, with moderate retirement savings. No longer married, with 3 children, over 10 grandchildren.
Your thoughts?

Traditional LTC policy. If client is a male, go to Mutual of Omaha.

Back