Trouble Submitting Out-of-Pocket Expenses Claim to BCBSIL

RJH1985

I'm having Trouble submitting Out-of-Pocket expenses claim to BCBSIL.

I attend a clinic that doesn't accept insurance, therefore doesn't do medical billing and coding.

I have seen cases in other forums of hundreds of cases with others in the same situation, and many were simply able to fill out the online claim form, submit the payment journal and not have any issues, so long as they had a PPO (as I do).

My first claim was rejected due to not having a diagnosis/treatment code.
(but they don't do billing and coding)
So I looked up the applicable codes and put them in my next submission.
I'm now being told that behavioral health services claims need to go to a company called "Value Options", which was not indicated in my previous claims (from previous providers who accepted insurance) or in my previous 5 phone calls.

I have a feeling that this is going to be one big jerk-around and would appreciate any help anyone could offer. The BCBSIL office is only about 20 minutes from my house and I was thinking about going there in person. Thanks in advance for your response.

I'm having Trouble submitting Out-of-Pocket expenses claim to BCBSIL. The BCBSIL office is only about 20 minutes from my house and I was thinking about going there in person. Thanks in advance for your response.

Going over to the office is your best bet, RJH. Be sure to get the name of whom you talk to and have them give you, in writing, what their decision is. Also, be sure to have that office make a copy of any paperwork that they take from you. Good luck!

Back