Truth About Medicare Supplements?

He is correct in that for the most part the cost of insurance is more than one can receive as a benefit. I haven't used my auto insurance in 30 years. By now I could have bought a couple of cars with the savings.

Everything else is bullshei8t. The cost of a supplement (he calls them supplementals because he's an ***) is rarely $200-400. Plan N is more like $100-150.

The cost of being in the hospital is not the Part A deductible. That's really not a big issue. It's the 20% for each and every doctor. It's 20% for chemotherapy.

From my standpoint, the best supplement is the high deductible plan F. You pay maybe $500 a year and limit your out of pocket to about $2,000. That makes the most financial sense.

Even so, people have been so convinced that they need Plan F and 100% coverage for out of pocket. They have been told that excess charges can exceed $100K.

He then talks about Part D. What he doesn't mention is that for under $16/mo you can use mail order and get most generics for zero cost. And he points out that the penalty is $4/mo. I agree that may not be an issue but if on Jan 5 you need insulin you get to pay retail for the entire rest of the year.

This guy is dangerous if people listen to him.

Rick

Rick, you are stuck in a time warp. High Deductible ($2180) Plan F hasn't been $2000 since 2010.
Also, the penalty for Part D is about $.33/month.
I wrote 2 HD Plan F's this morning on people new to Medicare, plus, Part D's on both.
I use HD Plan F as a loss leader in order to get to the real money product...........Part D!

Rick, you are stuck in a time warp. High Deductible ($2180) Plan F hasn't been $2000 since 2010.
I wrote 2 HD Plan F's this morning on people new to Medicare, plus, Part D's on both.
I use HD Plan F as a loss leader in order to get to the real money product...........Part D!

ROTFLMBO -- one of the funniest posts in a while!! :laugh:

Hey listen when he starts of with supp cost is an average of 200-400 he is starting of with misinfo

It's rare I hear someone with supp well over $300

Last supp I saw over $300 was in VA, lady had a plan that was no longer taking new enrollees in VA. She stayed with the same company for 10+ years...

Part D penalty is 1% of national average premium per month that you don't have coverage when you were first eligible. Wait until you are 68 - 3 years, so 36% on top of whatever plan you take for as long as you live. That's the "stick" of PDP.

Agree with Rick on Part B and needing name brand meds early in the year with no PDP. Everybody loves saving money until they need insurance...

search "current daily cost per day" in whatever State you're curious about. This Dr. may or may not know medicine, but he doesn't have a clue about Medicare Supplements. Isn't he practicing Insurance without a license? What would happen to us if we spread the same garbage about "The high cost of Medical Care by Doctor's"?

search "current daily cost per day" in whatever State you're curious about. This Dr. may or may not know medicine, but he doesn't have a clue about Medicare Supplements. Isn't he practicing Insurance without a license? What would happen to us if we spread the same garbage about "The high cost of Medical Care by Doctor's"?

Then i would interview you and make sure we both get a spot on the Dr. phil show

Dang, can you afford to drive home after those sales?

Back