Turning 65 List with Phone Numbers

I had someone run me a count for the whole state of Indiana. It only returned about 900 and something names for people turning 65 in the next 4 months. Does that number seem accurate? I was hoping to order a few thousand but I guess I'll pass on the turning 65's for now.
I only have 57 who have made internet inquiries from age 64 and 3 months to 64 and 9 months for IN. so I am not surprised by your number.

Hello Chazm, I see you posted this a few years ago, but I am new to this industry and need help now. What is considered doing it right, as far as the turning 65ers are concerned? Please help.

10-15 sales is not worth the
headache of calling 1000 people.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight. Out of 1k names you may get a few hundred numbers. Then you may get 10 sales. 10 sales is about $3k. Im sure most anyone would call a few hundred numbers for that
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello Chazm, I see you posted this a few years ago, but I am new to this industry and need help now. What is considered doing it right, as far as the turning 65ers are concerned? Please help.

I didn't start this thread, but it was started only one month ago anyways.

I guess doing it right would be what Frank always says....giving good phone (being good on the phone). Its all about seeing the people. If you get in front of enough you'll be ok. You're going to need to cold call if you don't have start up money. Cold call everyone not just T65 because they will be brutal to you until you get better at talking to them....hell, they are still brutal to me but I just brush it off and go on to the next one. I'll set 1 out of 10 contacts from pure cold calling and then most of the time I sell them. I don't cold call over 65 anymore, though a few do on this board and do well at it

If you do contact T65 though, try to do 2 and 3 months out.

Last edited:
Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight. Out of 1k names you may get a few hundred numbers. Then you may get 10 sales. 10 sales is about $3k. Im sure most anyone would call a few hundred numbers for that
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I didn't start this thread, but it was started only one month ago anyways.

I guess doing it right would be what Frank always says....giving good phone (being good on the phone). Its all about seeing the people. If you get in front of enough you'll be ok. You're going to need to cold call if you don't have start up money. Cold call everyone not just T65 because they will be brutal to you until you get better at talking to them....hell, they are still brutal to me but I just brush it off and go on to the next one. I'll set 1 out of 10 contacts from pure cold calling and then most of the time I sell them. I don't cold call over 65 anymore, though a few do on this board and do well at it

If you do contact T65 though, try to do 2 and 3 months out.
Amazing! You can get 10 sales out of 300 numbers of folks 65 +. But NOW you don't call 65 and up anymore...
Have you figured out how to get 10 sales out of 100 numbers?

10 sales out of 100 numbers? Not possible for me. At least with just cold calling from a list of numbers.

I have about 200 numbers for t65 May june and july. I currently have sold 5 policies and have 2 appointments next week from this list. I have more in my area, I have just been looking in my immediate area, which is this 200+

Now, if you are talking about mailers I can do way more than 10 sales from 100

Chazm- Off-topic here. You wrote "10 sales is about $3k"
I would argue that the true value of each sale is not $300, as you alluded to, but more like $1,000. That is assuming an average case stays on the books for about 3 years. I'm guessing that you, Frank or any other Med Sup producer is in this game not just for the first yr commission, but to build that block of business and income stream for years to come. Correct?
Two other questions. ON AVERAGE, how long do these clients stay on the books with you? When you do the math in your head, what is the value of the client-I put it at $1,000. Thanks.

Correct I am just talking FYC here.

Im still relatively new to the business, only on my 3rd year and only 1 year of being independent. Since I don't get the residuals from my previous employer, I tend to forget about residuals since I have yet to see any.

Though, this past AEP I think I was able to keep everyone that I previously wrote last year. Either they stayed with the plan or I put them on a new plan. I use "send out cards" for birthdays and such to stay in contact with them and I am about ready to do my first quarterly letter

Back