Two Agent Numbers, One Company: Can It Be Done?

Just Jax

I am being recruited by two seperate agencies, one is an old friend who is going to help me break into the industry and the other is a large company who is going to give me exclusive leads in exchange for part of my commission. I want to go with both, but they use the same insurance company .... Is it possible to get two different agent numbers with the same company?

I am being recruited by two seperate agencies, one is an old friend who is going to help me break into the industry and the other is a large company who is going to give me exclusive leads in exchange for part of my commission. I want to go with both, but they use the same insurance company .... Is it possible to get two different agent numbers with the same company?

I would just go with the friend who will train you. The leads will be worth ziltch. And you will get no training.

I am sure that big company giving you leads would love to know you are ghost writing on the side. Seems well intended but will be viewed as unethical.

As to your question.

This is done all the time with agents writing as "agent" or "agency". Both have licenses.

Easy work around.

Done all the time. I have several numbers for Genworth.

The question is who are you trying to screw. The GA or your buddy?

Go with your buddy. He will help like no GA will. It is a lonely cold beast - the independent agent.

I truly do not want to screw anyone- I want to write business for the large company with the leads they provide with and write business for my friend with the techniques he is teaching me.

I truly do not want to screw anyone- I want to write business for the large company with the leads they provide with and write business for my friend with the techniques he is teaching me.

Just go with your friend and forget the leads from the big company.

Leads are not all it's cracked up to be. Knock on a door and if that person is willing to talk business, then that's a lead. An exlusive one at that!

Back