As an agent writing med-supps.....after 6 years....commissions drop. Some companies pay zero % after 6 years. United Healthcare. Gerber. You have to write business to replace the ones you lose just to break even.

MAPD it carries on. You get increases each year in renewals.

In 2007 about 27% of beneficiaries had a supplement. Today that’s 21%. In 2007 about 17% were enrolled in MAPD. Today that’s 51%.

So, most people enrollling in an MAPD were never going to enroll in a supplement to begin with. Why? Because they couldn’t AFFORD IT.

But the MedSupp Taliban on here thinks they are now worse off.

Where is the other missing 28%? Might want to check your math.

https://www.kff.org/medicare/issue-...ces-of-coverage-among-medicare-beneficiaries/

In 2007 about 27% of beneficiaries had a supplement. Today that’s 21%. In 2007 about 17% were enrolled in MAPD. Today that’s 51%.

So, most people enrollling in an MAPD were never going to enroll in a supplement to begin with. Why? Because they couldn’t AFFORD IT.

But the MedSupp Taliban on here thinks they are now worse off.

Could be the stock market herd mentality at work in the Medicare space,
Everyone piling in just before the collapse

As an agent writing med-supps.....after 6 years....commissions drop. Some companies pay zero % after 6 years. United Healthcare. Gerber. You have to write business to replace the ones you lose just to break even.

MAPD it carries on. You get increases each year in renewals.

That’s very very deceiving. The avg mapd can move plans 2-4 times a yr . The avg mapd only stays on the books about 4 yrs . You got many more unhealthy lower income people in mapd that have higher mortality rates . People move out of the area . You make much more on a med sup over 6 yrs as most mapd won’t be on the books in 6 yrs . Thats a fact . Means you got to keep adding new business yearly to keep book stable . A very good % in mapd is 90% . In sups it’s 97%

That’s very very deceiving. The avg mapd can move plans 2-4 times a yr . The avg mapd only stays on the books about 4 yrs . You got many more unhealthy lower income people in mapd that have higher mortality rates . People move out of the area . You make much more on a med sup over 6 yrs as most mapd won’t be on the books in 6 yrs . Thats a fact . Means you got to keep adding new business yearly to keep book stable . A very good % in mapd is 90% . In sups it’s 97%

2-4 times a year?:skeptical:

And if it's not on the books, it's on the books with someone.

Bookmark this thread, and you can post back in 10-12 years and let me know for sure.

Just my little 2 cents, but I would HIGHLY suggest every agent on here try to make large amounts of hay while the Medicare sun's-a-shinin'. Especially over choosing to waste time constantly bitchin' and moaning about all those pesky "Med Supp" or "MAPD-only" agents.

Change is coming.

Go make tons of money so you have something other than "See, I was right about MAPD!" to your names at the end of it all.

"I wish there was a way to know you're in "the good old days" before you've actually left them." - Andy Bernard

Just my little 2 cents, but I would HIGHLY suggest every agent on here try to make large amounts of hay while the Medicare sun's-a-shinin'. Especially over choosing to waste time constantly bitchin' and moaning about all those pesky "Med Supp" or "MAPD-only" agents.

Change is coming.

Go make tons of money so you have something other than "See, I was right about MAPD!" to your names at the end of it all.

"I wish there was a way to know you're in "the good old days" before you've actually left them." - Andy Bernard

100% agree . Looks like there cutting the head of the fmo and free marketing money in 2025. Next will be chopping agent comp in the coming yrs . I was amazed to read that only 33% of people use an agent to buy Medicare . The agent is expendable . Wether he’s around or not people will still buy the same amount of mapd and sups . I wish I had got in this 15 yrs ago .But if Trump gets in Aca is screwed . He’ll cut subsidy’s big making it unprofitable for carriers and they will cut comp big time . I don’t have big Aca book but honestly there’s little derive work yr round like mapd. It’s like free money . Not persistency much worse than Medicare .

Back