Ultimate [Guide] to Cold Calling

That’s interesting. I heard of a guy when I first started that would cold call for appointments just using the phone book. He’d start with the first name under A and dial all the way through. His script was something like “I’m calling to see if anybody needs life or disability insurance.” Apparently he was pretty successful doing that. (Of course there was no DNC list, caller id, or even many people with answering machines, so most answered the phone if they were home.)
When I 1st started telemarketing in the mid 80's, that's the way we did it. Calling out of the phone book. I still used the phone book until a few years ago. Took a long time scrubbing. Then I found ListShack. Much better and saves a lot of time. :yes:

I've always used the "I don't suppose you'd want to buy any insurance today" approach for a change of pace or when somebody with a sour puss answers the door. When they say, " of course not/HELL NO!!!", then I laugh and say, "I didn't think you would......but seriously, who do you carry your Medicare Supplement with?". It breaks the ice and I've actually sold quite a few like that. :laugh:

Could be wrong, but I think Mehdi Fakharzadeh started that way.

Or maybe it is just a myth . . .

Bob Levine (the Insurance Guy) is/was an Atlanta insurance agent. Have met him a few times. Interesting personality.

For no particular reason his name popped in my head a few days ago. He shows up on LinkedIn and a few other places, but seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

The GA DOI site shows him as inactive since June 2018. That's odd for someone who started in the insurance business in 1998.

I recall he had some health issues a couple of years ago. He would contact me by email from time to time but have not heard from him in about a year.

Just wondered if anyone else knew anything.

Could be wrong, but I think Mehdi Fakharzadeh started that way.
I think it may have been him that I heard it about. I remember “#1 agent in the company” associated with the story, and I started at MetLife, so that would make sense.

Back