Under age 65 Medicare Supplements

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I sold a policy 2 years ago with Humana at $362 monthly. Yesterday sold another at $496. That's $134 in rate increases in 2 years. Companies are trying to price the consumer out of this market. Both clients have metastatic cancer and wanted the peace of mind that you get with a supplement, but they are better off money wise with a MA if they would use the in network providers.

Reserve National (Kemper) was showing $250 rates in GA for U65 Medigap until a day or so ago. Referred someone to them. He called back and said their current rate was $1300.

Humana now the "price leader" @ $600.

In most cases I put my client who is under 65 on a MSA if they have major health issues..I always remind them that they an open enrollment for a Med Supplement when they turn 65..

In most cases I put my client who is under 65 on a MSA if they have major health issues..I always remind them that they an open enrollment for a Med Supplement when they turn 65..

No MSA’s in FL but I do put all U65 on MAPD. HMO’s with $2500 moop or a ppo with a $4900 moop makes it hard to spend the cheddar on a Med supp for U65

Under 65 Medicare enrollees have a tendency to produce a lot in claims, thus the increased rate. I only really have one semi-competative option in my area of Louisiana, but East Texas had none last I checked.

Back