United Health Care Aarp Signature Pad...

jacobtn

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone here use it? Or is everyone doing it the old fashioned way? I am tired of the busy fax line and contemplating using the online enrollment option.

I used it last year with my laptop. It was a peice of cake. Only way I would do it. Im not doing MA plans this year.

I have ne'er sent a paper app to AARP MA. They will reduce your commissions by $50 for each app. That you send in by paper. E-enroll is much easier and reduces data entry errors. I use a Topaz systems signature pad that I bought online for $100. You can search for them online and even find them for less on eBay at times.

I used the pad last year. This year I take a paper app and email it to my FMO. They enter it online and I dont' get a commission cut.

Must better than the pad because I get a copy of the application.

Rick

I have ne'er sent a paper app to AARP MA. They will reduce your commissions by $50 for each app. That you send in by paper. E-enroll is much easier and reduces data entry errors. I use a Topaz systems signature pad that I bought online for $100. You can search for them online and even find them for less on eBay at times.

If you call UHC and ask they will send you a Topaz pad no Charge.

Anyone here use it? Or is everyone doing it the old fashioned way? I am tired of the busy fax line and contemplating using the online enrollment option.

You mean the offline enrollment, don't you? Only ICAs can use the online enrollment. To do this, you need a mobile broadband connection, as most seniors don't have a computer, much less broadband in their homes. I have mobil broadband, but can only use the offline enrollment because I am not ICA, so the monthly broadband fee is a waste as far as UHC enrollment is concerned.

Offline enrollment is simple. You need a laptop to do the enrollment, but upload the app when you get back to your office 'net connection.

As Rick says, if you don't do this, you can submit your paper app thru your FMO and avoid the $50 charge.

UHC sent me one a couple of years ago when I was doing SNP's around the Nashville, Tn. area. It was more trouble than it was worth. Maybe they have worked out the bugs by now?

UHC sent me one a couple of years ago when I was doing SNP's around the Nashville, Tn. area. It was more trouble than it was worth. Maybe they have worked out the bugs by now?

I have had no trouble with mine at all. Perhaps yours was "operator error"? :D

Back