United Healthcare Independent Career Agent

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
Any of you all participating in the UHC ICA program? If so how has it been working out for you in terms of support, leads, and $ in your pocket?

i was an ica for 4 years, did very well, left last season when they got rid of so many doctors, to much bad publicity. I am now with them and 4 other companies on the independent side.
It was a good ride but not so much anymore.

i was an ica for 4 years, did very well, left last season when they got rid of so many doctors, to much bad publicity. I am now with them and 4 other companies on the independent side.
It was a good ride but not so much anymore.

Were you able to keep your book of business when you went indy?

Any of you all participating in the UHC ICA program? If so how has it been working out for you in terms of support, leads, and $ in your pocket?

It started out great for me two years ago but last year they started cutting way back in most states. With the exception of Calif, Texas and Florida, they are not doing mailings and TV ads during AEP anymore so very few leads. They slashed the front end commissions this year and rumor is that renewals will be slashed by 35% soon. So agents are supposed to generate their own business even with commissions cut in half. The model doesn't work anymore and most ICA agents I know are looking at other opportunities. Also I have been disappointed in general in the way UHC operates. I get alot of complaints from clients, from doctor's offices, hospitals etc. They don't have a very good reputation imo.

Were you able to keep your book of business when you went indy?

I sure did, i have all my residuals in place and the checks just keep coming in.

I go reappointed on the indy side a few months after i left.

I have a friend that has been working dual eligible enrollees and has picked up some extra sales each month since signing on board as an ICA. UHC duals seem strong in this area.

the only problem with the dual product is the customer can change anytime and jump around and you get nailed with chargebacks. If they would pay as earned on those plans I could sell them all day long.

Back