Unitrin

Denise509

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So I just added Unitrin to my office and I'm pleasantly surprised. Their rates are very low for people with multiple violation and for broadform policies. What are you guy's experiences with this company? Do they have good claim service?

just had my first claim with them for one of my clients in December two days before xmas... for the time of year it was and comparing it to a similar situation I personally had durring the same time of year with another carrier they did just fine. My client called me up and said hey I just rear-ended my dad in town visiting for xmas... i pulled their site up and gave him two options for preffered body shops... he called their roadside and got a flatbed there super fast... Honestly they are really good and since he has had that accident his renewal is actually 50 to 75 dollars less per month than any of my other non standard carriers are quoting him.

Plus lately 9 times out of ten for non standard I can beat progressive with Unitrin...

Last edited:
Oh I see, well I've been quoting a few suff and here in my state GMAC and Progressive are beating them.... :( I'll keep on trying them out and see how it goes.

I know but it can be somewhat tricky. You know if they giving you lesser rates with your past experience. Then what if you really gets involved in an accident. Then these lower rates going to bite you.

Unitrin cancelled my contract and never told me about it or asked me about it.

I had a client who used her moms credit card for eft, it bounced and mom called Unitrinto complain, Unitrin never contacted me, turns out the client denied ever signing paperwork,

funny thing is, to this day, I still have the signed paperwork, and Unitrin never called to ask me my side of the story, so I say F-them

Dealt with several claims with them, they were great. Also, they recently were bought by Kemper, and believe the name is going to change soon.

Unitrin was in KY and killing it for about 2 years. Then in 2010 they pulled out of the state because their loss ratio here was horrible. Basically they came into the state a couple years before we got hammered with Hurrican Ike and a really bad ice storm and they got burnt. Then left.

However, my experience with them was positive while they were in the state.

Back