Update

Mainly because I don't know how that works.

My only experience is selling directly to people in their homes or small business owners (and their employees) directly.

I guess I assumed a broker could just get appointed with my company and sell supplemental plans themselves and keep the full commision. That is what I would do, not knowing any better.

Do brokers let supplemental agents sell direct to groups, taking a %?

For the agency I work for we do have someone that we let sell supplemental plans and take a %. Honestly it is worth it. He does a great job and is really professional and takes great care of our clients. We get extra money just for getting him in and letting him sell.

I know he also works with at least one other broker in our area, so it's not just us. I think going through brokers that already have a book of business but aren't Cross selling supplemental to its full potential would be your quickest way to grow. Take my advice for what it's worth though because I don't do supplemental myself

Good question. I assumed they would be available from the refUSA database but that appears not to be the case. Stalking? LinkedIn, company website, chamber of commerce, etc?

Have you had any success with cold emails? I feel like it is probably low, like mail drop low, but even if 1/100 led to an appointment it could be useful, if I'll be in the area.

It may turn out that just dropping by, cold approaching, worst case get a card and email. Then follow up next week. Best case get an appointment for this/next week.

I am jumping in blind here. Haha. But ready to take a beating to get out of the nights and weekends required for d2d residential.

The Chamber is probably a good way to get some emails. My local chamber actually has a lot of emails in their directory. I also think if I asked they may give me an excel sheet with all the members emails - it's one of the ways they entice people to join I believe.

I found almost all 150 emails I sent by manually going to the websites in the industry I was targeting and finding them. I generated some interest and am setting up a meeting with at least one of them.

Latest posts

Back