Want independency!

I GOT MY P&C LICENSE. I WORK WITH AND AGENCY THAT FOCUSES ON COMMERCIAL INSURANCE. sO I PLAN TO STAY IN THAT ROUTE. I AM IN CALIFORNIA.

I GOT MY P&C LICENSE. I WORK WITH AND AGENCY THAT FOCUSES ON COMMERCIAL INSURANCE. sO I PLAN TO STAY IN THAT ROUTE. I AM IN CALIFORNIA.

P&C's not my line. Sorry I cannot help you. Many others here will be able to give yo a hand.

Good Luck!

Not Appointed With Anyone. I Need Exact Steps To Doing Doing This New Leap Of Fate.

Call up the companies and tell them you want direct appointments as an independent agent.

Some will require production requirements and some will want to see if you've produced before. Some will allow you to become appointed without proving you can sell.

Maybe I'm being a little mean here but if you don't even know how to get appointed you better have a mean gameplan to stay afloat.

Good luck.

Going independent is crazy with so little time in the business. If you don't like where you're working, find another agency, but going independent is a huge leap unless you're planning to walk with some major accounts which is a hanging offense in California.

I would recommend at least 2-3 years of experience before you go it on your own. And then be ready to double your work hours and take a pay cut for a while.

Back