We all know IULs are a ripoff

You can pick apart any product.

Agree, however; some products by design have some major issues.

In another life I worked for a tier 1 supplier to an automotive producer. I remember the story of one particular model that when the spark plugs where changed, the rear engine mounts had to be loosed and the entire engine rotated up in order to get one side of the spark plugs out. That is called poor design. It occurs in cars and it occurs in financial tools.

If the product is too complicated for clients to properly understand the basics... or historically has poor performance, it might be better left unsold.

IMHO

And I am on record that I do NOT like these "index multipliers" that companies are coming out with. They charge an asset-based fee for the chance to earn a higher return, but they charge that fee regardless of the return. I do NOT like those. Those must only be attractive to those who sell by illustration.

I wouldn't touch those.
Everyone wants to take your money "Now" with a promise to pay much more after a few decades but this IUL beats everything.

I'm not going to feed the troll anymore.

Thanks for the rousing conversation and opinion.

This is almost a record for me. 9 posts and he is ignored. Of course they are all in the same thread. Usually takes 2 or 3 threads but fewer posts.

My record is 2 posts before they are banned to ignore. I delayed a bit because I wanted to see the responses in context.

@phoenixlord has no idea what he/she has wandered into.

Reactions: DHK
People are dying... hospitals are over run... mass graves are being dug... and you are "just killing time on a Friday afternoon????? How Dare You!
Ok, let's take this covid situation. People don't get a return on their labor for a few months but they have to pay expenses every month. How many months will their principal be protected? what happens when it is depleted? Same thing will happen to IULs.

I'm not going to feed the troll anymore.

Thanks for the rousing conversation and opinion.

I predict we're being trolled by a Primerica rep, but he's just harping on IUL.

Didn't know Mr.DHK owned this website.:shocked: Oh well! so much for free speech.

Back